Conmed Helix AR With Argon Beam Coag Electrosurgical Unit
- Rapid, Superficial Hemostasis – Reduces carbonization by allowing ABC to coagulate directly on the stroma of target tissue – Less blood loss, less OR time and improved eschar integrity can result from this rapid hemostasis
- Less Tissue Damage – Due to the cooling effects of argon flow during RF energy delivery, ABC operates at lower temperatures than spray coagulation
- Focused RF Energy – Argon gas enables precise delivery of RF energy in a uniform stream, which is distributed evenly on tissue
- Clear Visualization – Improves visualization by helping carry surgical smoke away from the field of view, reduces unpleasant odors and clears the surgical site of blood and other fluids
- 2 Year Warranty
- Gas Canisters and Foot Switches Sold Separately
- Status: New
- Brand: Conmed
- Room Type:
- GI Suite
- Minor Procedure Room
- Surgical Suite / Operating Room
- Clinical Specialty:
- Otolaryngology (ENT)
- Surgery - General
- Surgery - Orthopedic
- Surgery - Plastic
- Dimensions: 38.0"W x 30.0"L x 6"H
- Weight: 101 Lbs.
The HelixAR combines the advanced specialty modes of a premium ESU with the benefits of CONMED’s latest ABC Technology and is intended for use in both open and laparoscopic procedures.
ABC Technology When using the non-contact coagulation, the addition of argon gas enables more precise delivery of RF energy to tissue compared to the traditional spray coagulation. Argon gas helps clear pooled blood and can reduce surgeon effort. Also, it is inert and displaces oxygen from the immediate surgical field reducing the carbonization of tissue, blood loss and smoke plume thereby providing adequate visualization of the surgical site.